CoinMetro is a brand new and innovative startup, operating in the hottest industry in the world right now. Our team is extremely diverse, with many international members, including – Costa Rican, British, Mexican, American and French - of course we have some locals, too :). We’re a friendly, hard working and dedicated team. CoinMetro offers a lot of excitement and room for personal growth.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR HEAD OF COMPLIANCE TO STRENGTHEN OUR COINMETRO TEAM!
UNDER THE GUIDANCE AND MANAGEMENT OF THE CCO THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE WILL BE:
• Provide Compliance representation to the organisation, support the work of the organisation and manage the full range
of Compliance strategies and responsibilities for CoinMetro’s legal entities in several jurisdictions
• Set the strategy and goals for the Compliance team in alignment with CoinMetro’s larger goals
• Help develop and implement global policies and procedures
• Provide research on and coordination of establishing operations in new jurisdictions
• Lead complex Compliance projects that span legal, business, and functional boundaries (e.g., cross geographies,
subject matter areas, jurisdictions, organisations, and business models)
• Provide counsel to staff in all departments on a variety of complex issues.
• Identify, research, and analyse Compliance issues that affect CoinMetro and its activities at the local and international
levels associated with CoinMetro’s activities, ongoing operations, and strategic initiatives, including but not limited
to, revenue diversification, and jurisdictional expansion.
• Take lead in identifying and addressing potential Compliance issues and risks for current activities, operations,
and strategic initiatives and manage litigation
• Develop and implement staff-friendly plans, systems, and procedures
• Develop and provide training on Compliance issues, processes and policies to multi-level audiences in all departments
in our global locations
• Supervise Compliance staff and oversee a department that can appropriately support CoinMetro utilising a mix of
paid staff, interns and paid outside counsel
• Develop and manage the Compliance department budget
• Special projects and other duties, as assigned
Required skills and experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience including significant professional experience as a Compliance Officer
• Experience advising senior management of complex, international organisations
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to understand complex Compliance concepts and analysis and translate
those to non-compliance staff to create practical processes, guidance, and training
• Prior success building relationships and communicating with diverse groups of people
• Demonstrable Compliance analytical skills, general business acumen and expertise in several of the core areas of
work listed below:
o Code of Conduct
o Compliance Operations (Monitoring,Screening,Testing,KYC/Onboarding)
o Corporate governance
o Enterprise-wide risk assessments
o Regulatory reporting/communication
• Strong project management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong teamwork and client service skills; experience exercising influence and managing change while having an open
and inclusive tone; solution-oriented
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented global or regional organisation
• Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to work through challenging situations
• Occasional flexibility in working hours to accommodate CoinMetro’s international office locations
• Administratively self-sufficient with demonstrated office automation skills
• Fintech and crypto experience or a knowledge is a bonus
• MLRO Experience and International experience are strongly preferred
If you join us here at CoinMetro, the sky’s the limit! But, more specifically, we can offer you:
Hop aboard the CoinMetro!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
Your message has beed received. We’ll get back to you shortly.